March 15, 2017
Printer Gateway, a leading company in the wholesale printing business, is seeking a Prepress Operator.
Daily prepress responsibilities include preflight, preparing print ready files for plates, quality assurance and providing plates for offset presses.
Key functions of the role include:
• Reviewing and preflighting artwork files from customers
• Preparing files and creating proofs for offset printing
• Fix files for print readiness
• Prepare files (step and repeat, trapping etc.) for plate output
• Inspect proofs and printing plates to ensure accuracy, quality and bindery efficiencies
• Output printing plates when needed
• Organize and deliver plates to the pressroom when necessary
• Other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Knowledge, and Qualifications:
• Proficiency with Adobe CS and CC versions
• Strong understanding of file management and automated work flow
• Quick in identifying file issues
• Knowledge of Metrix systems and imposition is an asset
• Solid understanding of offset printing and post press processes
• Good understanding of colour theory, colour spaces, transparencies, fonts, bleeds, vectors and raster files
• Maintenance of gumming processors for plates
• Good interpersonal & communication skills
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Reliable team player
• Strong customer service focus
• Ability to work and problem solve independently
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Human Resources.
Printer Gateway is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Printer Gateway is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Printer Gateway will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)