April 21, 2017
The Estimator is responsible to provide pricing to the sales group for envelope, packaging, & other related product opportunities. This position involves partnering with sales to ensure timely, accurate production estimates and pricing based on customers’ specifications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Using an estimating model, ensure timely and accurate estimates by reviewing quotes specifications
• Determine most cost effective and competitive price by comparing pricing associated with all viable production methods
Calculate costs of all materials required in producing product
Obtain pricing from lithographers
Coordinate layout sheets for outside litho
Obtain pricing for special papers or special cartons/packaging
Obtain special freight rates when required
Apply warehousing charges to estimate
• Suggest alternatives that may help sales win work
• Confer with production personnel to develop or confirm information regarding various cost elements
Interact with Die Cutting on special requests, such as patterns for new die with set-up times
• Maintain and develop a list of suppliers, sources raw materials, and contacts vendors for best pricing
• Implement all price increases of raw materials (e.g. paper, window film, cartons, skids, freight charges, etc.) into estimates
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
• 1+ years estimating experience in printing, packaging, or paper converting manufacturing environment
• Must have excellent organizational skills for fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills to develop working relationships with internal staff
• Good business communication skills; both oral & written
• Intermediate computer skills required in MSOffice. Dynamics AX experience an asset
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, follow-up, and meet tight timelines
• Effective time management skills and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
• Customer service focused
• Proven creative problem solving abilities
• Accuracy with managing data and attention to detail
• Able to perform business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc.)
• Self motivated, enthusiastic, high energy, team player focused on the goals of the organization
The successful candidate will receive an excellent, comprehensive compensation package, including salary, excellent group benefits, Company pension plan, and Employee Profit Sharing Program!
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume & cover letter to Human Resources.
Supremex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Supremex is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Supremex will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)