Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
May 16, 2017
The Document Solutions and Logistics Branch of the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services has an exciting opportunity for organized, dedicated individuals to provide mail and print services for the Ontario Public Service.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Follow established detailed procedures for operating mail processing equipment
• Set up and adjust machines used in mass mailings for various applications (e.g. folding, inserting, metering)
• Check the condition of large, high-speed machinery
• Carry out minor maintenance or repairs
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge to operate high-speed large volume electronic, mechanical mail processing equipment
• You can operate metering equipment efficiently and safely following Canada Post mailing rates, standards and electronic Statement of Mailings (SOM) on a daily basis
• You can set up, adjust and test equipment settings for various mass runs and report unusual processing condition, machine malfunctions to supervisor
• You can troubleshoot and perform minor maintenance or repairs on equipment
• You are able to determine proper machine settings, reconcile and match individual letters and proper attachments and inserts
• You can effectively decide lowest cost method of delivery to use
• You can determine the appropriate quantity of supplies and postage amount based on weight that is required for the job
• You can prioritize jobs and are able to handle pressure in a fast-paced production work environment meeting strict deadlines
• You are able to change job priorities on a daily basis following instructions from the supervisor (e.g. job priority, procedural changes) and being a team player
• You are able to maintain the sequence of the mail merged and bar-coded letters
• You are able to deal courteously with co-workers when providing factual information such as job status, machinery capacities and problem-solving on a daily basis
• You can communicate clearly with clients to handle requests or complaints
• You complete job production forms
Salary Range: $20.86 - $24.16 per hour
• 3 Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 900 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, May 31, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 107406 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)