Guillotine Paper Cutter Operator
July 07, 2017
Printer Gateway, a leading trade printer, is seeking a Guillotine Paper Cutter Operator. The Cutter Operator is responsible for the set up, adjustment and safe operation of all paper guillotine cutting equipment, to prepare product to be packed, collated or bound, ensuring customer specifications are met.
Key functions of the role include:
• Identify priority jobs to be completed for gang runs (either Past Due or Next Day Priority).
• Review job tickets and plan work processes strategically to meet customer specifications for custom jobs.
• Login to Tracking System to advance jobs through the system.
• Communicate to Packers so they can retrieve required boxes.
• Inspect Press Sheet and identify order types and communicate with other Cutter Operators.
• Setup assigned guillotine to job assignment specifications, obtain approval of setup and run product when indicated by Supervisor or Plant Management.
• Monitor assigned cutter during run to ensure adherence to specifications and make adjustments as needed to maintain specifications.
• Ensure the completion of assignments by meeting quality/quantity specifications and requirements.
• Troubleshoot machine issues, if possible resolve it and notifying Supervisor and/or Plant Management.
• Replace worn cutting blades with hand tools when required.
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents.
• Other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Knowledge, and Qualifications:
• Minimum 1 year experience with paper guillotine cutting machines
• Understanding of paper types, finishes, weights
• Able to read and comprehend job assignment tickets and specifications
• Capable to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Communicate effectively
• Good hand/eye co-ordination
• Excellent attention to detail
• Quality Oriented
• Team player
• Flexible to cross train and work in other departments
• Willing to accept varying shifts
• Understanding need for Health & Safety and being alert in a manufacturing environment
• Punctual and dependable
• Strong customer focus
• Willingness to be flexible to accept assigned duties and stay to finish the job assignment, as necessary
• Mississauga, Ontario
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Human Resources.
Printer Gateway is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Printer Gateway is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Printer Gateway will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)