Estimator - Packing Products
July 14, 2017
Supremex is a manufacturer of high quality stock and custom mail packaging and envelope products. We have an immediate opening for a Estimator in our Packaging Department.
The Estimator is responsible to evaluate the specifications of a product, identify the optimum manufacturing process and calculate the estimated cost of manufacturing to provide sales and management a basis for determining price, for custom folding carton, paperboard packaging & other related products opportunities. This position involves partnering with sales to ensure timely, accurate production estimates and pricing. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Using an estimating model, ensures timely and accurate estimates by reviewing quotes specifications
• Determines most cost effective and competitive price by comparing pricing associated with all viable production methods
• Determines the cost of all raw materials, consumable materials, and outsourced production required to do the job
• Coordinates layout sheets & obtains pricing for outside work
• Obtains special freight rates when required
• Applies warehousing charges to estimate
• Suggests alternatives that may help sales win work
• Confers with production personnel to develop or confirm information regarding various cost elements
• Interacts with production department on special requests
• Maintains and develops a list of suppliers, sources raw materials, and contacts vendors for best pricing
• Implements all price increases of raw materials (e.g. paperboard, corrugate, cartons, skids, freight charges, etc.) into estimates
• Coordinates the sampling process as it relates to items being estimated
• Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
• 5+ years estimating experience in folding carton packaging or other related manufacturing environment
• Thorough knowledge of folding & printing processes and terminology required
• Must have excellent organizational skills for fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills to develop working relationships with internal staff
• Good business communication skills; both oral & written
• Intermediate to expert computer skills required in MSOffice (particularly Excel)
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, follow-up, and meet tight timelines
• Effective time management skills and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
• Customer service focused
• Proven creative problem solving abilities
• Accuracy with managing data and attention to detail
• Able to perform business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc.)
• Self motivated, enthusiastic, team player focused on the goals of the organization
Competitive wage rate plus excellent group benefits, pension plan, and Employee Profit Sharing Program.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume & cover letter to Human Resources.
Supremex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Supremex is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Supremex will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)