October 09, 2017
Ampersand is an industry leading Printing & Marketing Execution company serving Medium to Large Businesses and Advertising Agencies in the Southwestern Ontario Market. The unique combination of big business technology and services combined with a team oriented, small business atmosphere make Ampersand a great place to work.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team in the role of Cutting Operator. This production based role requires a team player with a strong work ethic, drive and ability to balance our extremely high quality demands with the rigorous pace that this industry demands.
The successful applicant must be highly knowledgeable in the setup, operation and maintenance of Polar (or similar) computerized cutting system and experienced in the cutting of litho and digital work.
Job Responsibilities / Duties:
· Understanding and verifying job specifications and requirements
· Setup, operation and maintenance of a Polar Cutting System
· Work with prepress to define standard layouts ideal for cutting efficiency
· Completing quality checks to ensure stringent quality standards are met
· Keeping work area and equipment clean
· Understanding and following company safety policies and procedures
Desired Skills & Experience
· MINIMUM 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Able to read and comprehend job tickets and work instructions
· Possess a high standard for quality and pride of workmanship
· Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively
· Must be a highly organized and detail oriented individual
· Mechanically inclined and production oriented
· Ability to work independently and in a team
· Able to regularly walk/stand and use hands to handle and feel materials
· Able to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel and crouch
· Frequently lift /move up to 50lbs
· Available for overtime when required
Reports to: Lead Bindery Operator
Compensation: Hourly wage of $20.00 to $25.00 per hour commensurate with experience. Compensation for commute will be considered.
How to Apply
Please apply by e-mail or fax ONLY. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)