Project Manager - Afternoon Shift
October 20, 2017
Webcom is looking for visionary employees who thrive in a stimulating fast paced environment with growth potential. We are an equal opportunity employer and we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Webcom is a leading Canadian print solutions provider servicing the North American market for over 40 years. With a long history of technology leadership, Webcom offers innovative print solutions to address the challenges of high inventory and production costs. Webcom has invested $30 million in new digital inkjet presses, frontend technology and finishing equipment since 2011. Webcom operates out of a 170,000-square foot manufacturing plant located in Toronto and employs 200 people.
The Project Manager is the primary point of contact between Webcom and the customer (and/or external vendors) during the production cycle. He/she is responsible for final verification of all specifications that can impact production or price accuracy. The Project Manager works with production to ensure jobs are manufactured according to the customer supplied specifications and are completed on time, within budget.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Degree in Graphic Communications Management preferred
• Ability to work afternoon shift (4:00 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.)
• Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
• Excellent customer communication skills
• Comfortable working in a high volume, fast paced environment
• Confirm that specifications are entered accurately into the database (POEM) by the Customer Care Specialist.
• Ensure that customer supplied materials match the customer supplied PO. Make revisions to POEM with updated specifications as necessary.
• Inspect any customer supplied material (artwork) and confirm materials match specs.
• Communicate directly with Customer Care Specialists, re-price and re-accept the job if corrections are required.
• Create Project Plans and review the Order Management Action reports daily.
• Ensure accuracy of all manufacturing work orders.
• Manage outside purchases – from purchase order initiation to receipt of goods per schedule.
• Coordinate with Prepress to ensure timelines are kept.
• Work with Production Managers/Supervisors and/or Planner/Scheduler to track the status of projects and provide guidance to address issues that may arise during manufacturing.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org noting the job title.
Only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Webcom encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, should you require accommodation in the interview and selection process please provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
Check us out at www.webcomlink.com/careers !
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)