Digital Edge Print & Media
November 22, 2017
We are seeking a Prepress Operator / Technician to join our team for all shifts required.
Position requires a motivated individual, ready to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment.
Prepress Operator / Technician must have Excellent knowledge of Adobe CC Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Pitstop), Imposition, Efficient in Mac platforms, Excellent knowledge of graphics/print production methods. Must understand how to fix issues such as bleeds, traps, colour space, die lines, specials...
Prepress experience in printing or graphic arts industry is a mush. Graphic Arts/Design Degree/Diploma preferred but not Required.
Understanding variable data is an big asset.
Duties but not limited to:
• Preflighting files (look for resolution, colour space, specials, bleeds...)
• correct bleeds
• correct dielines
• adjust spot plates (varnish, emboss, foil..)
• ensure all info is within "safe area"
• check and adjust attributes (overprints, traps)
• impose files for both litho and/or digital
• remove ink/coating from glue area on packaging
• manually nesting jobs to utilize space on sheet
• Ensure high standards of print quality and efficiency.
• Responsible for timely output of all assigned jobs
• Troubleshoot prepress problem such as bleeds, traps, colour space...
• Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Work closely with and follow instructions from Supervisor/Manager
• Work efficiently to meet tight deadlines
• Solve problems with a hands-on approach
• Ensure schedules are followed and quality is met on a daily basis.
• Able to work well under pressure
• Willing to go outside the definition of your role to help the team succeed
• A Solid understanding of print impositions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of the print production process
• Prepress Operator role at a Full Service Print Provider or similar
• Excellent communication skills(Verbally and Written)
• Thrives in a challenging and fast-paced environment
• Ability to work as a member of a team or individually as required
• Ability to multi-task
• Detail-oriented, punctual, consistent, productive as well as efficient
Job Type: Full-time
please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)