Experienced Bindery Operators & Bindery Helpers (general labourers)
PBI-Printing By Innovation Inc.
January 05, 2018
WE’RE HIRING ….
….only if you’re awesome !
PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing and progressive Commercial Print Companies providing the best customer service, quality and value. We are a top tier full service printing company with state-of-the-art production equipment and fulfillment services. We believe that managing our processes under one roof helps to improve our overall execution and commitment to the “Customer Experience”. We are committed to “going the extra mile ” ……always.
We are seeking full time EXPERIENCED BINDERY OPERATORS and BINDERY HELPERS (general labourers) with a drive for excellence in quality and further complemented with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment. The Bindery Operators/Helpers will be dedicated team players who are able to work independently as well. They will be detailed oriented and have a strong mechanical aptitude and have the ability to handle numerous and varied tasks simultaneously.
If you would like the opportunity to join the PBI Team, please forward your CV to HR@pbiinc.ca !
• Ensure efficient and cost effective operations of bindery equipment
• Set up and operate a variety of sheet-fed bindery equipment such as continuous feed and pile feel Stahl Folders, Schneider Guillotine Cutter, Die Cutter and a ST-100 Stitcher
• Interpret docket information, instructions, layouts, etc.
• Adhere to production schedules
• Organize, plan and prioritize work
• Monitor product quality
• Check work against layouts, proofs, and docket information
• Quality control checks periodically throughout production
• Perform safety inspections on equipment
• Assist in the general upkeep and maintenance of Bindery Equipment
• Troubleshoot and perform adjustments as needed
• Maintains a safe work environment
• This position also offers and requires the ability to work overtime when needed
• Good working knowledge of the Bindery Department and its role within the company
• Ability to set up and operator bindery equipment independently
• Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
• Ability to work well with co-workers in a team environment
• Safety footwear is required
PBI is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. PBI is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. PBI will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health & Safety Policies and Practices for this position in the workplace.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)