PBI-Printing By Innovation Inc.
February 28, 2018
PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing and progressive Commercial Print Companies providing the best customer service, quality and value. We are a top tier full service printing company with state-of-the-art production equipment and fulfillment services. We believe that managing our processes under one roof helps to improve our overall execution and commitment to the “Customer Experience”. We are committed to “going the extra mile ” ……always.
We are seeking a high energy individual to fulfill the role of Press Operator. The Press Operator must have a drive for excellence in quality, be extremely detailed oriented, have a strong mechanical aptitude and further complimented with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment.
If you would like the opportunity to join the PBI Team, please forward your CV to HR@pbiinc.ca!
• Ensure efficient and cost effective operation of press
• Operate a Heidelberg Speedmaster SM-74, eight colour perfector and/or a Heidelberg XL-106 eight colour perfector
• Interpret and follow the direction from a docket
• Interpret layouts and docket information, instructions and/or formulas
• Prepare plates for production
• Verify that paper and ink meet the specifications for a given job
• Assist with press make ready and set up
• Determine best sequence of colours
• Obtain or mix inks and fill ink fountains according to specifications
• Secure/Change printing plates to printing units and adjust tolerances
• Assess the overall set up of the press, such as sheet size, coatings, blankets, etc.
• Check work against layouts, proofs, and docket information
• Monitor inventory levels on a regular basis, ordering or requesting additional supplies as necessary
• Operate a pallet machine to move skids
Assist in wash up between jobs
Fill our necessary paper work and records (check list, maintenance log, stock usage, etc.)
Monitor product quality
• Monitor automated press operation systems and respond to fault, error or alert messages
• Start presses and pull proofs to check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration
• Monitor environmental factors such as humidity and temperature, that may impact equipment performance and make necessary adjustments
• Perform safety inspections on equipment
Ensure all press and company procedures are followed
Assist in the general upkeep and maintenance of the press and department
• Trouble shoot and perform adjustments and repairs as needed
• Install, clean and adjust rollers
• Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of the press and surrounding area
• Keep area free from pallets, skid and skid tops
• Remove waste paper, ink and solvents
• Maintain daily housekeeping functions
• Maintains a safe work environment
Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work
• Adhere to production schedules
Willingness to work shifts (hours may change with respect to production needs)
This position also requires the ability to work overtime
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your manager.
Qualifications, Requirements and Physical Demands:
• High School education or equivalent professional experience
• Ability to work in a fast paced production environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity
• Ability to work well with co-workers in a team environment
• Ability to operate computer based technology
• Constant standing and/or walking
• Repetitive tasks, manual dexterity, and attention to detail
• Frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds
• Occasionally lift and carry up to 75 pounds
• Noise level is usually moderate to loud
• Exposure to ink, chemical fumes and airborne particles such as paper dust and drying powder
• Occasionally squat or kneel
• Occasionally bend
• Safety shoes required
PBI is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. PBI is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. PBI will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health & Safety Policies and Practices for this position in the workplace.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)