PBI-Printing By Innovation Inc.
January 22, 2019
PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing and progressive Commercial Print Companies providing the best customer service, quality and value. We are a top tier full service printing company with NEW state-of-the-art production equipment, and fulfillment services. We believe that managing our processes under one roof helps to improve our overall execution and commitment to the “Customer Experience”. We are committed to “going the extra mile ” ……always.
The Estimator is responsible for preparing cost estimates relating to printing, packaging, binding, mailing and fulfillment. Calculating price based on labour, material and outside services as well as the time needed to complete all required operations. Coordinate activities with sales, production and management, as necessary, to optimize all aspects of pricing and producing an estimate. Competency in math, problem-solving and computer skills is required.
• Receives requests for print estimates directly from salespersons, CSR’s or customers
• Reviews specifications of the job for completeness and accuracy and prioritizes the processing of estimates
• Provides salesperson with feedback on accuracy and completeness of information requesting additional detail, when necessary
• Follows established procedures to prepare accurate and timely quotations that address various options including quantities, stock or production methods
• Assesses specifications, sketches, and sample layouts to formulate a costing strategy
• Considers size and number of sheets, number plates, paper stock, binding, kitting and fulfillment, colours and coatings, press selection, etc. in determining the best method for layout and imposition
• Communicated with Outsourcing Coordinator to secure pricing for outside vendor services
• Builds and applies pricing templates to promote efficient processing of quotes
• Identifies creative solutions or alternative methods for producing the job that increases profitability, improves efficiency or results in competitive pricing
• Prepares, saves and generates estimates in the PACE Estimating Software
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Cooperate with other departments and the management team to analyze actual job production performance vs. estimated times to evaluate and correct any discrepancies
• Implements lean manufacturing practices and participates in team meetings
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• College or university degree in a related field is desirable
• A wide range of knowledge of general commercial printing and packaging is required
• A strong background in print production with a thorough understanding of printing processes and terminology
• Knowledge of computer estimating program EFI PACE is an asset, but not required
• Minimum one year with estimating experience is preferred
• Thorough knowledge of printing specifications, estimating standards, paper and ink estimating, delivery costs, calculating of degrees of difficulty, job layout and bindery considerations
• A comprehensive understanding of pricing strategies and competitive pricing models is an asset
• Demonstrated excellence in organization, attention to detail, and timeliness
• Excellent analytical, math and strategic planning skills
• Strong decision-making ability is required
• Meticulous, able to take initiative and responsibility, meet critical deadlines, and multi-task
• Willing to work in and support a team, while maintaining an individual perspective
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Comfortable in a dynamic, deadline driven industry
Contact Dale Smith email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 19055 631-537 ext #151
PBI is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. PBI is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. PBI will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health & Safety Policies and Practices for this position in the workplace.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.