ESTIMATOR - PACKAGING, PRINTING & GRAPHIC ARTS INDUSTRY
Bellwyck Packaging Inc
21 Finchdene Sq, Scarborough, ON
March 07, 2019
BELLWYCK Packaging Solutions is a leader in folding carton products. Our sophisticated
in-house structural CAD and prepress operations combined with leading edge print and finishing technology ensure the innovation and production of high-end luxury packaging for the fragrance, cosmetics, skincare, confection and other specialty industries.
BELLWYCK takes pride in its culture where employee work ethic, initiative and contribution are encouraged, recognized and rewarded. We offer a full benefits package and competitive wages.
We have a permanent full-time job opportunity at our Scarborough Head Office for an ESTIMATOR – PRINTING, PACKAGING & GRAPHIC ARTS INDUSTRY.
As the Estimator, you will be responsible to prepare job estimates and prepare large bid submissions or RFQ/RFP’s. The estimates will be generated in our ERP system. You will contact outside suppliers and get pricing when necessary to be incorporated into the job estimates.
As the Estimator, you will need to understand equipment specifications, materials and impositions. You will need to be competent working in an ERP system and Microsoft Excel Software. You will need to work both independently and as a team member. A key requirement is creative thinking to plan and estimate the job to ensure that the estimate is competitive in the marketplace, produced in the most cost-effective way for Bellwyck Packaging while maintaining the desired quality expected by the potential customer. Your knowledge and experience in the Graphic Arts Industry will be a key asset.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• College or University degree/certification in Graphic Communications Management – or – equivalent work experience in Graphic Arts Industry (Printing & Packaging).
• 3 or more years’ experience as an Estimator preferably in the Graphic Arts Industry; specific to Packaging (folding cartons).
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, ERP and MRP systems/software.
• Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a customer service mindset to present themselves and represent the organization in a professional courteous manner to both internal and external customers.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction and partner across cross-functional lines (Sales, CSRs, and Manufacturing).
• Strong organizational and analytical skills for planning, monitoring and optimization of production efficiencies in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Continuous learning to develop and maintain the knowledge, skills, and expertise necessary to achieve positive results.
• Excellent English Language skills (written and verbal) are required.
• Prepare daily estimates
• Prepare RFQ/RFP’s (large bid submissions)
• Prepare layouts using electronic imposition software
• Participate in meetings with colleagues to review RFQ/RFP opportunities to strategize to win the potential business
• Prepare reports of job estimates to actuals as required
• Meet with suppliers as required to review RFQ/RFP’s
• Support and administer Estimating Standards in ERP as directed by the Director of Operational Services
• Participate in Pricing reviews as required
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume to -
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please. In compliance with AODA, Bellwyck Packaging Solutions, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)