March 07, 2019
The Project Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating project(s) from receipt of job to completion of the job. Working in a team environment, the Project Manager will service an assigned Sales group. The Project Manager will use resources within the production teams to solve problems and make decision at all stages of the job. They will have relationships with Customers, Sales team, Manufacturing group, outside vendors and the Company as a whole.
We’re a leader in integrated visual communications that provides strategic, cost-effective solutions for our clients. We’re passionate about keeping up with the latest digital technology so we can offer our clients the best.
• Lead client projects based on contract / design / budget documents.
o Assist client in organizing all components within a promotion or program.
o Create distribution lists and shipping information for project execution.
o Develop and maintain a timeline with specific benchmarks
o Provide accurate job specifications to estimating to obtain an accurate estimate
• Responsible to the company for project quality, budget and scheduling, including subcontractors and vendors.
• Responsible to customer for satisfaction in delivery: including job quality, timely information, updates, prototypes, samples, job oversight and delivery schedule.
• Responsible for updating the estimated costs when the scope of a job / project changes after production has started.
• Develop mock-ups when required.
• Coordinate information activities among estimating, internal production, subcontractors, vendors, to ensure proper communication flow.
• Ensure that job specs match estimate provided.
• Confirm that the job specifications received from sales/client are complete.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Communicate issues that will affect job timeline and or quality of work.
• Take all necessary steps to ensure production schedule is followed and orders are shipped on time.
• Arrange a schedule for proofing, printing and finishing – including the acquisition of outside materials and / or subcontracted work – as required to meet the delivery requirements of the project.
• Create a docket for each job as per current production department methods and processes.
• Prepare all necessary layouts / impositions required for prepress
• Inspect proofs for quality and content before submission to Sales / Customer
• Be aware of, and responsible for, all costs associated with final production of jobs – NCRs where applicable are to be completed and approved
• Communicate to production and your supervisor about non-conformance issues.
• Ensure that all purchase orders are included and contain final, confirmed pricing
• Upon completion, review the overall costs of the job to confirm that all job costs have been accrued – have detailed knowledge of any variances from estimated to actual costs.
• Submit the completed docket and the reviewed cost sheet within 48 hours of final shipment to Sales for final invoicing
• Be available for colour and / or quality checks
• Personally, inspect the quality and correctness of work being done at TI as required
• Negotiate timing and/or pricing with suppliers to achieve promised delivery dates and/or recover profitability
• Be available for additional hours when required
• Post-secondary education including college or university in the graphic arts
Years of Experience:
• Minimum 2 years related experience in print production
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing functions and production processes including; experience with project management techniques
• Strong knowledge of Printing and staying up to date on the latest industry technology
• Ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels, ability to cultivate relationships
• Broad knowledge and experience in dealing with customers, outside suppliers and is comfortable negotiating timing and pricing with suppliers
• Exceptional computer skills, specifically in the use and application of MS Word/Excel/Gmail
• Basic understanding of databases
• Strong understanding of prepress methods (including colour management), finishing methods and requirements, other related manufacturing/fabrication, packaging and shipping
• Understanding of supporting technology – ePACE, creating/editing dockets, estimates, etc
• Excellent organizational skills – methodical and detail oriented
• Personable and polite when dealing with clients, vendors, and TI staff
• Creativity and strong problem-solving skills to offer recommendations to key stakeholders
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, continually prioritizing and multi-tasking
• Demonstrates strong leadership traits, abilities and behaviours
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Demonstrates a “Whatever it Takes” attitude
• Team Orientation: Works as a team and shares work accordingly amongst group.
• Cultivates Relationships: Develops solid relationships with customers, sales, estimating, plant managers, supervisors, line workers, suppliers, purchasing and accounting teams
• Problem Solving: Demonstrates curiosity as to why & how things work (or don't work) with a responsible, problem- solving, get-it-done attitude
• Autonomy: Demonstrates a strong level of independence and ownership of their work through all stages - including cost responsibility and invoicing
• New Methods: Proactive in researching alternative methods and materials and new technologies
• Solution-Oriented: Is comfortable and enthusiastic in discussions with customers and supportive of efforts of sales dept.
Job Type: Full Time/Salaried
This position offers a comprehensive package. To learn more about our company, please visit www.tigroup.ca Please submit your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com and reference Project Manager in the subject line no later than 5:00 PM (EST) on March 15th, 2019.
TI Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, citizenship, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristics and is committed to employing a diverse workforce.