3480 Pharmacy Ave Toronto, ON M1W 2S7
May 08, 2019
Enthused about moving to the future of book manufacturing?
Webcom is looking for a Trimmer Operator!
Webcom, a Division of Marquis Book Printing Inc., is looking for visionary employees who thrive in a stimulating fast paced environment with growth potential. We are an equal opportunity employer and we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package.
About Webcom, a Division of Marquis Book Printing Inc.
Marquis’ Webcom division is a leading Canadian print solutions provider servicing the North American market for over 40 years. With a long history of technology leadership, Webcom offers innovative print solutions to address the challenges of high inventory and production costs. Webcom has invested $30 million in new digital inkjet presses, frontend technology and finishing equipment since 2011. Webcom operates out of a 170,000-square foot manufacturing plant located in Toronto and employs 170 people.
About Marquis Book Printing Inc.
Established in 1937, Marquis is Canada’s largest book manufacturer, offering the best solutions in the field of publishing and communications to thousands of content owners in Canada, the United States and Europe. Marquis has experienced solid growth exceeding 200% in the last five years. Today our team accounts for more than 600 employees in six business locations across Canada: Montmagny, Quebec City, Louiseville, Sherbrooke, Montreal, and Toronto.
This is a perfect opportunity for the experienced candidate with the ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills in trimming and bindery operations and maintain high standards of quality while working in a team-based environment. This role is the final quality control measure before the book is received by the customer and requires a strong attention to detail.
Required Skills & Experience:
• 3 to 5 years of experience running a 3 knife trimmer
• Able to work rotating shifts (days, afternoons, and nights)
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs repetitively on an 8 hour shift
• Literacy and numeracy skills
• Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail
• Maintains high standards of quality despite pressing deadlines
• Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner
• The ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team
• The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure
• Flexibility/openness to different and new ways of doing things
• Basic use of manufacturing databases and MS Office products, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com noting the job title. Only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Marquis encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, should you require accommodation in the interview and selection process please provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation. Check us out at www.webcomlink.com/careers !
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)