3480 Pharmacy Ave., Toronto, ON M1W 2S7
May 13, 2019
Enthused about moving to the future of book manufacturing?
We are looking for a Production Lead for our Toronto manufacturing plant!
Webcom, a Division of Marquis Book Printing Inc., is looking for visionary employees who thrive in a stimulating fast paced environment with growth potential. We are an equal opportunity employer and we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package.
About Webcom, a Division of Marquis Book Printing Inc.
Marquis’ Webcom division is a leading Canadian print solutions provider servicing the North American market for over 40 years. With a long history of technology leadership, Webcom offers innovative print solutions to address the challenges of high inventory and production costs. Webcom has invested $30 million in new digital inkjet presses, frontend technology and finishing equipment since 2011. Webcom operates out of a 170,000-square foot manufacturing plant located in Toronto and employs 170 people.
About Marquis Book Printing Inc.
Established in 1937, Marquis is Canada’s largest book manufacturer, offering the best solutions in the field of publishing and communications to thousands of content owners in Canada, the United States and Europe. Marquis has experienced solid growth exceeding 200% in the last five years. Today our team accounts for more than 600 employees in six business locations across Canada: Montmagny, Quebec City, Louiseville, Sherbrooke, Montreal, and Toronto.
This position is ideal for someone with a passion for detail, committed to maintaining accurate data in production systems and capable of using their strong computer skills to make the Manufacturing department run smoothly. The Production Lead is just as comfortable on the plant floor as he/she is in front of a computer. Her/his passion for book manufacturing translates into a strong need to support the manufacturing team and work toward achieving group goals.
Required Skills & Experience:
• 2-3 years of related print manufacturing experience
• Excellent computer skills, with previous use of POEM, Flex, Dayforce, Navision, and MS Office products (particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook) preferred
• Ability to work varied shifts and additional hours as required to support business needs
• Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail
• High degree of flexibility and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Customer focused approach to production
• Lean Management or 5S training and certification is preferred
• University degree in Industrial Engineering, Graphic Communications Management, or other related field of study is an asset
• Administrative work to support the department
• Monitoring and ensuring that Work in Process (WIP) on the plant floor is staged to support daily production priorities
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com noting the job title. Only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Marquis encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, should you require accommodation in the interview and selection process please provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation. Check us out at www.webcomlink.com/careers !
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)