Digital Operator (Indigo 10,000)
3480 Pharmacy Ave., Toronto, ON, M1W 2S7
May 14, 2019
Enthused about moving to the future of book manufacturing?
Webcom is looking for a Senior Bindery Operator!
Webcom, a Division of Marquis Book Printing Inc., is looking for visionary employees who thrive in a stimulating fast paced environment with growth potential. We are an equal opportunity employer and we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package.
About Webcom, a Division of Marquis Book Printing Inc.
Marquis’ Webcom division is a leading Canadian print solutions provider servicing the North American market for over 40 years. With a long history of technology leadership, Webcom offers innovative print solutions to address the challenges of high inventory and production costs. Webcom has invested $30 million in new digital inkjet presses, frontend technology and finishing equipment since 2011. Webcom operates out of a 170,000-square foot manufacturing plant located in Toronto and employs 170 people.
About Marquis Book Printing Inc.
Established in 1937, Marquis is Canada’s largest book manufacturer, offering the best solutions in the field of publishing and communications to thousands of content owners in Canada, the United States and Europe. Marquis has experienced solid growth exceeding 200% in the last five years. Today our team accounts for more than 600 employees in six business locations across Canada: Montmagny, Quebec City, Louiseville, Sherbrooke, Montreal, and Toronto.
This position is ideal for someone with specific experience working on industrial size digital presses. The Digital Operator needs to have a technical mindset, with a strong ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
Required Skills & Experience:
• 2 – 3 years of experience on a High Quantity Digital presses (HP Indigo press 7,000 and up, Xerox IGEN, Canon Smart stream, Xeikon and/or sheet-fed offset)
• Secondary/High School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
• College diploma or degree considered an asset
• Highly skilled in ensuring high quality
• Excellent ability to follow processes and solve problems
• Troubleshooting experience and strong mechanical aptitude
• Commitment to work all shifts (days, afternoons, nights) and continental shifts (12 hour rotating shifts: 7AM-7PM., 7PM-7AM)
• Level 1 & 2 HP Indigo Certification is an asset
• Responsible for the operation of digital format printers and associated finishing equipment
• Responsible for making plates for all offset presses on an as needed basis
• At times, may be responsible for making plates while monitoring a job running on a digital press
• Read, understand and follow work orders
• Set-up jobs according to paper type
• Review files thoroughly before setting up job
• Maintaining a healthy and safe working environment by verifying the safety of machines and equipment and enforcing strict compliance of Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org noting the job title.
Only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Webcom encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, should you require accommodation in the interview and selection process please provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation. Check us out at www.webcomlink.com/careers !