Ottawa - Hunt Club
May 22, 2019
POSITION: Large Bindery Machine Operators
LOCATION: Ottawa, ON
POSTING DATE: May 22nd, 2019
As we continue to grow our operations, Lowe-Martin is looking for experienced Machine Operators to complement our Bindery Finishing team for our Ottawa operations. The ideal candidates will have knowledge of Muller Martini and Heidelberg saddle stitchers, Muller Martini perfect binders, Heidelberg/Stahl and MBO folders, Polar cutters, Dick Moll Folder Gluers and knowledge of die cutting.
• Operate machines that perform bindery operations, such as cutting, folding, stitching and perfect binding
• Read work orders and setting up equipment according to project specifications
• Examines printed material and products for defects and to ensure conformance to specifications
• Ensure the quality of products while maintaining product
• Cleans work area and maintains equipment and work stations, using hand tools.
• Perform regularly scheduled maintenance and preventative checks on equipment
• Respect and abide all Health & Safety policies, as well as all safety checks on equipment
• Lead and oversee the activities of the Bindery crew
• Responsible to communicate and provide complete details of schedules and job information for co-workers on shift change
• Completion of secondary education and/or equivalent
• Minimum 2-3 years related experience using similar bindery equipment in a commercial print environment
• Experience working in a formal Quality or ISO environment is considered an asset
• Knowledge of various bindery equipment is essential
ABILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
• Customer Service oriented
• Strong English communication skills, oral and written
• Able to read and understand instructions, follow ISO procedures
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
• Excellent organizational skills
• Attention to detail and quality consciousness are essential
• Able to work well independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
• Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Able to work flexible hours and/or shift work in order to accommodate day-to-day business requirements
Lowe-Martin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Let us know how we can accommodate you to participate in the recruitment process.
All qualified candidates must apply through www.LMGroup.com and select Bindery Operator. Please follow the prompted steps.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)