Bindery Operator and Production Assistant
Sure Print & Design
June 27, 2019
Sure Print & Design is a Richmond Hill based book printing company servicing a range of clients including authors, publishers, schools, universities, designers and printers. We manufacture books using digital printing equipment, enabling us to accommodate unique designs and custom options. Over the past 15 years Sure Print & Design has developed a reputation for exceptional product quality and attentive customer service.
We are seeking an experienced Digital Production and Bindery Operator.
Successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day setup of print and bindery production. The position requires organizing, planning skills and attention to details, to ensure each job completed correctly and be able to meet given deadlines.
REQUIRED SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum 2 years of experience in the industry of digital printing and finishing.
College diploma or degree considered an asset.
Knowledge of operating guillotines and various bindery equipment. Digital printing experience is an asset.
Some knowledge of some pre-flight graphic work and Adobe Suite products.
Troubleshooting and problem solving skill.
Multi tasking and a fast learner.
- Read work dockets, instructions and understands customer's requirement correctly.
- Comfortable to interact with customer.
- Operate a variety of bindery equipment such as guillotine, 3-knife trimmer, perfect binder, wire-o/coil binder and laminate machines.
- Ensure all requests are completed by the deadline.
- Performs standard quality check to ensure high quality of production.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and maintain organization with multiple projects.
- Package finished products.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and adapt to changing priorities.
Please submit a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org noting the job title. Only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)