Print Shop Production Manager
July 25, 2019
Reporting to the Operations Production Manager, the Print Shop Production Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision and coordination of staff to meet production targets and quality standards. Responsibilities will include developing lead hands, training staff in production methods, safety, policies and procedures, as well as the prioritization of work flow and resolution of health and safety issues.
• Organize and supervise the activities and work of a team of employees to ensure all assigned work activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner, and provide formal and informal feedback to subordinates to ensure their continuous development and overall contribution to the achievement of Debco’s business strategy
• Ensures that products printed in the department meet the company and customer requirements
• Align Production priorities with the shipping department to ensure product are available within the plant when needed and finished goods ship on time
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner; and assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved departmental processes, policies and procedures
• Providing performance management counselling and/or progressive discipline in a timely fashion (as required)
• The Print Shop Production Supervisor is part of a three person supervisor team & will meet daily in support of our daily schedule in all areas of the printing plant.
• Communicating with other departments as required to ensure proactive resolution of requests/issues
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Manufacturing experience is required, ideally in the print industry
• Minimum 5 years of related experience with at least 3 year’s of experience in a supervisory role in a fast paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential
• Superior interpersonal skills, with emphasis on positive employee relationships
• Effective leadership and organizational skills
• Working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong customer service focus
Debco is a leading Canadian Supplier of promotional products. Throughout our 35 years in business, we have maintained a simple, yet timeless, philosophy, which is to provide dynamic customer care in tandem with innovative products and fresh marketing tools. We have been awarded supplier of the year 19 years by our industry and won numerous customer service awards; we have our team here at Debco to thank for that! Debco is part of the Hub Promotional Group and is ranked 15th largest in the industry.
We thank all candidates who apply, however we will only be contacting those selected to continue in the process. Debco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates taking part in the recruitment process can request accommodations.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)