3480 Pharmacy Ave., Toronto, ON M1W2S7
July 25, 2019
Marquis Book Printing Inc. is looking for visionary employees who thrive in a stimulating, fast paced environment with potential growth. We are an equal opportunity employer and we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Are you looking to develop your career in Bindery in Print Manufacturing? This is a fantastic opportunity to be a Bindery Helper on some of the most advanced bindery equipment in Canada! The Bindery Helper is responsible for completing bindery work in preparation for shipping directly to our customers.
Established in 1937, Marquis is Canada’s largest book manufacturer, offering the best solutions in the field of publishing and communications to thousands of content owners in Canada, the United States and Europe. Marquis has experienced a solid growth exceeding 200% in the last five years. Today our team accounts for more than 600 employees in six business locations across Canada: Montmagny, Quebec City, Louiseville, Sherbrooke, Montreal, and Toronto.
About the Marquis Toronto Plant:
The Marquis’ Toronto plant is a leading Canadian print solutions provider, servicing the North American market for over 40 years. With a long history of technology leadership, offering innovative print solutions to address the challenges of high inventory and production costs. Since 2011, the plant has invested over $30 million in new digital inkjet presses, front-end technology and finishing equipment, operating from a 170,000-square foot manufacturing plant located in Toronto which employs 170 people.
• Being a key quality monitor
• Operate basic bindery machinery, drills, shrink wrapper
• Label cartons and check the books to ensure the correct amount is being packaged
• Fill out the skid cards when they are being used
• Ensuring quality while packing the cartons: check covers, books are well trimmed, check the glue to ensure quality
• Oversee piling and delivering of books to check that everything is correctly sent out to customers
• Assist with maintenance responsibilities as required
• Other duties as required
Required Skills & Experience:
• Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. repetitively
• Must follow work instructions and be able to read and write English
• Basic math and problem solving skills are required
• Ability to work all 8 hour shifts on a rotating basis (days, afternoon, nights)
• Previous relevant job experience in manufacturing setting
• Handwork experience would be an asset
• Secondary/High School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
• Excellent ability to stay organized and pay attention to detail
• Works well in a team environment
• Sound decision making skills
• Depth of knowledge and skill in bindery processes
• Experience with automatic drill and shrinkage machine
Why Work for Marquis?
• Global enterprise with a human dimension;
• Welcoming, friendly and respectful workplace environment;
• An organization in which the contribution of each employee is recognized by all management
• Close to senior management who are open to new ideas;
• Company involved in the Employer of Choice Awards process;
• A growth company, offering career advancement opportunities.
Please submit your application, noting the job title to email@example.com
Only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Marquis encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, should you require an accommodation for the interview and selection process please provide your needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)