July 25, 2019
Marquis Book Printing Inc. is looking for visionary employees who thrive in a stimulating, fast paced environment with potential growth. We are an equal opportunity employer and we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package.
This is a perfect opportunity for an individual with 2-3 years of print manufacturing experience, strong attention to detail, and the ability to produce high quality work while meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate has a technical mind, previous experience with offset presses (possibly as a rollman or operator) and is ready to make the move to digital print technology. If this sounds like you, apply to join our team!
Established in 1937, Marquis is Canada’s largest book manufacturer, offering the best solutions in the field of publishing and communications to thousands of content owners in Canada, the United States and Europe. Marquis has experienced a solid growth exceeding 200% in the last five years. Today our team accounts for more than 600 employees in six business locations across Canada: Montmagny, Quebec City, Louiseville, Sherbrooke, Montreal, and Toronto.
About the Marquis Toronto Plant:
The Marquis’ Toronto plant is a leading Canadian print solutions provider, servicing the North American market for over 40 years. With a long history of technology leadership, offering innovative print solutions to address the challenges of high inventory and production costs. Since 2011, the plant has invested over $30 million in new digital inkjet presses, front-end technology and finishing equipment, operating from a 170,000-square foot manufacturing plant located in Toronto which employs 170 people.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Secondary/High School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
• 2-3 years of print manufacturing experience is required
• Experience as a roll man or as a press operator on web offset presses is preferred
• Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail
• Makes sound decisions; uses logic to reach solutions
• Maintains high standards of quality despite pressing deadlines
• Basic computer skills to use manufacturing databases and email
Why Work for Marquis?
• Global enterprise with a human dimension;
• Welcoming, friendly and respectful workplace environment;
• An organization in which the contribution of each employee is recognized by all management
• Close to senior management who are open to new ideas;
• Company involved in the Employer of Choice Awards process;
• A growth company, offering career advancement opportunities.
Please submit your application, noting the job title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Marquis encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, should you require an accommodation for the interview and selection process please provide your needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)